OK, maybe not cake…but DEFINITELY brownies! More on that in a minute. The schedule has been crazy lately. It’s a lot of work trying to be an amazing instructor for you people! Good thing I like (most) of you. So I didn’t have time to make my crock pot chicken which is supposed to be a meal for people who don’t have time. In fact I didn’t even have time to stop for gas on the way to class. Which is why I was sitting on the side of the road at 8:30pm last night, out of gas. Ha! I mean, who does that? In my defense my dumbass car has no reserve. Thankfully my mom came and saved the day, THANKS MOMMMM! I love that woman, she’s always picking up my loose ends. So needless to say when I got home well after 9pm, I did not feel like cooking. Mat and I decided on some Thai food. Which I adore, but like the not so good for you pad thai Thai food. I opted for some veggies and chicken in a light sauce w/ some brown rice. The man on the phone told me there was no sugar in it (literally, I asked). But you just never know with Asians. I kid, I kid, don’t get all political on me, I adore Asians. What I really wanted was curry. SO I made Mat order that. This is a great technique people. If we are out to eat I can talk Mat into getting the bad meal that I can’t really have, so I can have a few bites of his. That way he’s the one who gets fat and 30 years from now I’ll still be able to leave him for the pool boy. I know, I know, brilliant. Breakfast this morning was 1 fried egg and 1 egg white w/ turkey bacon and fake cheese in a Joseph’s wrap. This was so so good. I really don’t know why people would opt for all the fatty stuff that makes you feel like poop, and you have to spend hours working off, when you can have a lightened up delicious version and feel GREAT.
Anyways, about them brownies. I’m a huge fan of a single serving recipe. You can find all sorts of cool ones on the world-wide web. The great thing about these is that you get your quick fix and you don’t have a pan of sweets staring you in the face for the next few days. I took this from Paleodigest, although I have not tried it yet. I’ve tried a few other recipes but am always searching for a new one. If you try it let me know how it is! I bet you could sub peanut butter for the almond butter!
- 1 Tbs creamy almond butter
- 1 Tbs liquid egg white (or use a tablespoon of beaten egg, I just think liquid egg white is more convenient for this)
- 1 tsp dutch-processed unsweetened cocoa powder such
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 packets sweetener such as stevia OR 1 Tbs honey
- Pinch baking soda (about 1/16 tsp; you can try omitting this if you like a denser brownie.)
- Pinch salt (can omit if your almond butter is salty)
- In a small mug, or similar microwave-safe cup, combine all the ingredients. Stir with a fork to thoroughly combine, ensuring that there are no lumps.
- Microwave on high for about 30 seconds. Note: You may have to experiment a bit with cooking times since all microwaves are different. If you’re unsure you can try nuking it at 10 second intervals, checking it each time.
Best thing about this recipe, challenge approved! Now, does that mean you want to have a brownie in a mug every night?? No. Don’t be stupid. It’s still a treat, so treat it like one.
Share your single serving recipes in comments!