This weekend we had our KFIT Spring Recipe Swap. Definitely our biggest turn out yet! We had an incredible amount of food. TOO MUCH! But it was all amazing! And since (of course) everyone indulged a bit too much, and never actually swapped recipes, I will be passing them along. These will be added right to our Recipe Page, so you can look back at any time! These first 3 where not only my favorite but also GREAT Summer side dishes! Hope you enjoy!
- 1 bag of harvest grain blend
- 1 bag of ABC Trek mix (craisins, almonds, seeds)
- 1 jar of roasted red peppers
- 1 lemon ( think I’d add one more)
- 2/3 olive oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- salt & pepper
- 1 bunch of green onions *garnish
- I’d also add a little garlic because I put that ish in everything
- Prepare harvest grain according to package. Let cool.
- Slice onions, chop roasted red peppers, add to grains.
- Add trail mix.
- Squeeze lemon over mix, add oil, add sugar, mix well.
- Refrigerate till ready to serve. Garnish w/ scallions.
- 4 cups med diced sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup non-fat greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 T fresh lime juice
- 1 T fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 c minced red onion
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- jalapeno peppers seeded and minced *optional
- S&P to taste
- Boil potatoes until tender ~ 15-20 min. Strain and let cool to room temp.
- In separate bowl combine yogurt, cilantro, lemon, lime and cumin.
- Once potatoes are cool add yogurt mixture.
- Add remaining ingredients, toss until mixed.
- Cool 1 hr in fridge before serving.
Bri’s Corn & Avocado Salad
I received this recipe from a friend of mine Brianna. And I am completely obsessed. It’s tough to find a dairy free side dish that’s good to pair with grill food. Well this one I’ll be mixing up all summer! Super easy too.. unfortunately I didn’t take a photo!
- 2 cans of corn (or frozen)
- 2 avocados, chopped to bite sizes
- 10-12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- small bunch of cilantro’ small bunch of chives, chopped
- 1 T of honey
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- S&P to taste
- Rinse and drain corn
- Mix in tomatoes, herbs and avocados
- Add honey and seasoning. May need more as this was a guestimate.
- Mix well, serve cold.