Hey hey! Who needs a June Food Challenge raise your hand….OK, now put it down, you look like and idiot. I”ll be emailing you with info.
OK here’s the last of the recipes from the swap!! If yours didn’t make the blog it’s because A) I didn’t get a recipe card and/or photo or B) It sucked.
Mel’s Gluten-Free Quinoa Pizza Bites
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped (or 2 tablespoons dried)
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Pizza sauce for dipping
- Place the quinoa and two cups of water in a covered pot. Bring to boil and then simmer for 20 minutes or until quinoa is tender.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together all ingredients, except pizza sauce, in a medium mixing bowl.
- Distribute mixture into a greased mini muffin tin, filling each cup to the top (one heaping tablespoon each), and press down gently to compact.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan. Serve warm with sauce for dipping.
Makes 24 mini muffin bites.
Nancy’s Baked Egg Rolls
- 1 pkg Nasoya Egg Roll Wraps
- 1 lb lean ground pork
- 1 ts minced ginger
- 2 c cabbage, finely chopped
- 1/4 lb bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup carrots shredded
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tsp oyster sauce
- Follow step by step directions on back of Nasoya Egg Roll package.
Sandra’s PB & Banana Oat Breakfast Cookies
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed until creamy
- 1/3 c PB, creamy or chunky
- 2/3 unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 c vanilla whey protein powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp butter extract *optional
- 1 1/2 c quick oats
- 1/4 c chopped peanuts
- 1/4 cup carob chips or chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 deg
- Mix banana and PB until combined
- Add applesauce, protein, vanilla and butter. Mix well.
- Add oats, nuts and chips. Mix well. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- With spoon, drop dough onto parchment paper lined sheet.
- Bake ~ 30 min of until golden brown.
- Let cool 5 min, then move to rack.
Corissa’s Cucumber Salsa
- 1 1/2 c diced cucumber
- 1 c tomato
- 1/2 c diced red onion
- 1/3 c light sour cream
- 1 T parsley
- 1 T cilantro
- 1 T garlic
- 2 T lime juice
1. Mix all ingredients. Let chill 30 min before serving.
- 3 mashed avocados
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 3 T chopped cilantro
- 2 roma tomatoes diced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper * optional
- Mix avocado, salt and lime.
- Add in onion cilantro, tomato, and garlic.
- Stir in cayenne
- Refridgerate 1 hour before serving or serve immediately.
Kerrie’s White Sangria
I stole this photo:)
- Fruit of choice- I used peaches & strawberries
- 2 large bottles of Moscato wine
- 1/2 liter of citrus rum
- 1/2 liter of triple sec
- 1/2 liter of flavored soda water (peach, citrus any)
- 1 cup OJ
- Cut fruit and mix all liquids, let soak for 1 hour before serving.