Hi friends! Things have been ultra busy lately. My life is consumed with Lowes visits….
So I’ve been slacking on creating meals. Still lots of random (delicious) salads.
But I need to share my breakfast addiction as of late.
OMG. DO IT!
- handful of blueberries
- 1/2 c cottage cheese (I use the Lactaid brand for those sensitive to dairy)
- 1 tsp slivered almonds
- 1 tsp 100% maple syrup
- pinch of unsweetened shredded coconut
- Heat blueberries in microwave for 20-30 seconds *optional
- Mix in cottage cheese and almonds
- Top with coconut and maple syrup
You will never look at cottage cheese the same way again.
As For the Burgers
Great news! Bubba turkey burgers have been FOUND: Hilltop in Weymouth carries them…who new?? Thanks Emma!
When I assumed Bubba turkey burgers were gone for good, I whipped up a bunch of homemade ones to have on hand in the freezer.
(recipe adapted from Mrs. Goodrich:)
To make your burger making life easier, invest in the following:
- 2lbs lean ground turkey
- 2-3 granny smith apples (diced)
- 1/2 Bermuda onion (diced)
- Seasoning of choice, I used about 2 T of the above
- Mix all ingredients in bowl.
- Turkey meat is sticky, try refrigerating for 20 min after mixing.
- Make into patties! I picked up my patty maker at Bed, Bath and Beyond, but I heard the better one is at Ocean State.
These are super convenient for a quick lunch or dinner!
PS: Our next run is Aug 23rd, have you signed up yet????