Hi all! Hope you’re off to a good Monday! Its taking quite the turn around. Sunny and warm. Gotta love New England! I wanted to drop a quick post on
two three must try recipes. Since it is squash season and all. These recipes are super duper easy. Even for the cooking impaired. Be sure to give them a try!
Sweet Stuffed Acorn Squash
Poor Acorn Squash doesn’t get as much media as Spaghetti squash. But don’t neglect this lovely starchy veg. It is great as a side or a meal.
Ingredients: Serves 2
- 1 large Acorn Squash
- 2 Apple Chicken Sausage (any brand)
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 4 slices of bacon
- 1 T maple syrup
- salt &pepper to taste
- Cut squash in half, hollow out seeds. Slice small cut on bottom of squash so they sit flat in pan. Add 1 T of maple syrup, salt&pepper. Cook 1 hour @ 425 deg. (Can microwave)
- Saute bacon in pan till lightly browned, add sausage, cook 1/2 through then cut them into small pieces, continue to cook through. Remove from pan.
- Mix sausage and bacon with corn, salt & pepper.
- Remove squash, use fork to shred slightly, add meat stuffing. I ate right in the skin but you can also hollow out squash to mix a bit more with meat.
- Eat your heart out.
This recipe is from PaleOMG, I fully enjoy her recipes. She is amazingly talented and all her stuff is good. I mean really GOOD. You know how people post recipes that are healthy and they sound simply amazingggg. Then you try them and they simply suck. Ya, not right. People should be arrested for doing that. Julie doesn’t post recipes that suck. I know if she’s putting it out there, its taste bud tested and approved. Dude, you GOT to try this for reallllz.
Ingredients: Serves 4 (ish)
- 1 spaghetti squash, cut in half lengthwise, seeds removed
- 1 larger delicata squash, cut in half lengthwise, seeds removed
- ½lb chicken tenders
- 4-6 slices bacon, diced
- ½ cup canned coconut milk (I used a bit more)
- 1 1/2 T dried Italian Seasonings
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat your 425 degrees.
- Cut spaghetti squash delicata squash in half and use a spoon to scoop out the seeds and excess threads. Don’t be dainty.
- Place open side down on a baking sheet (use aluminum foil or parchment paper for easy clean up) and cook for 20-25 minutes. You will know when they are done cooking when you can poke the outside skin and it ‘gives’ a bit.
- Now you can either cook your chicken at the same time or after the squash is done cooking. Just place chicken on a foil or parchment paper lined baking sheet, sprinkle some olive oil over the chicken, salt and pepper it, and sprinkle just a bit of basil on top. Cooked tenders for around 15-20 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Once your squash is done cooking, hollow out with fork and set aside.
- Now throw your diced bacon into a skillet and cook until done. remove bacon, but leave behind the grease.
- Take your delicata squash and hollow it out. Add to pan with grease. Then add your coconut milk. Mix thoroughly until its all saucey.
- Add seasonings to the mix and salt and pepper as needed. Mix thoroughly and cook on low for about 5 minutes to simmer.
- Now dice up your cooked chicken.
- Pour sauce over spaghetti squash and add your chicken to the mix, mix it up.
- Top with bacon and manja!
Cheesy Spaghetti Squash bake
This recipe is from my dear friend Tina’s blog. She’s super creative in the kitchen and even more creative with these little laughing cow cheese blocks. She has tons of kick ass recipe’s with them! I loved it so much (and Matt did too) it was gone before I got a photo!! Unfortunately my stomach did not handle it as well as I hoped. But sometimes I have to put my own wellness on the line to try stuff for you folks. You’re welcome. So if you can handle a little dairy this recipe is a MUST try!
Enjoy the rest of your Monday! Hopefully you’ll have more motivation than this dude…
What’s your favorite squash recipe??