Hey there! How was everyone’s Thanksgiving?? We had a great turn out for our run!
We look like a bunch of goofs..hey it was frickin cold!!
Everyone kicked butt! Especially Chrissy V who PR’d her race time by 5 minutes! Way to go girl! Thanksgiving is cool because its like a weekend that starts on a Thursday. This can be a good or bad thing, right? I slept a TON over the long weekend. And I loved every second of it. Ahh the glory of aging. Hopefully all the sleep I get now will make up for the lack of sleep in my 20’s and my skin will stay youthful. Yea! One can hope….That reminds me. I’m making some early New Years Resolutions. And I challenge you to do so as well. Now don’t give me the old I don’t believe in NY rezzies. That’s dumb, it’s a resolution, not a sasquatch. It’s not about believing its about doing. I was thinking why the hell wait till the New Year to do good things for myself. I want to get a head start. So I’m 3 days into my December resolutions. Here’s some changes I’m working on.
Less Mindless Social Media– I check that ish way too much. I need to utilize the internet for more educational reads/videos etc.
More Yoga– It’s actually a goal I set last month but takes a continuous effort. I just need it so much but have a hard time getting there. No more excuses. I think being bendy will keep me young, along with my copious amount of sleep. Besides I really want to be able to do this…
Stop Being a Wuss-Self doubt definitely gets in the way of progress at times. I have some goals and I need to work hard and have faith in myself that I can do it.
Get a Muscle up– The mother of all Crossfit moves. I’ll die happy when I can do a MU. I mean, how amazing is this.
There’s a few more sappy cheesy ones that I will spare you. We get enough sap via wedding/engagement/aging/kid videos on FB, which I am NOT viewing anymore.
So here’s my soup recipe. I don’t have a crock pot so I needed a quick ready-to-eat recipe And it’s amazing and it can be ready to eat in like 25 min and it’s super tasty and it’s a great leftover, for lunch or dinner or snack or breakfast, so make extra. I’ve made it twice, because It’s that damn good and that damn easy. Double-damn two thumbs up.
Ingredients: Makes 6-8 *with extra veg
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced * I used 4
- 2 stalks of celery, diced * I used 4
- 1 T minced garlic
- 2 (28 oz.) crushed tomatoes and juices
- 1 (14 oz.) can cannelinni beans *I added extra beans for more protein;)
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken *I used a whole pre-cooked bird
- 2 handfuls baby spinach *I put 4
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth *optional, I added lots of extra veg so needed a little more liquid
- 1 tsp. salt or more
- 3 T fresh grated parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp. black pepper or more
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes or more optional
- Heat oil in a large stockpot over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrots and celery. Saute for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onion is soft and translucent. Add garlic and sauté for an additional minute or two until fragrant.
- Add in remaining ingredients, and stir to combine. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer partially-covered for 10 minutes. Season with additional salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve with additional freshly-grated Parmesan cheese.
- Can also choose to toss all ingredients in a crock pot on low for 6-8 hours.
- Take the rest to work or share with your friends *optional