Hey friends! Happy Thursday! Its been such a great start to our outdoor classes. We have really lucked out. Despite the fact pollen is no joke right now.
But how nice it is to be outside! We have some great Parks in Weymouth!
OK, so lots of running goes down outside.
So I wanted to share with you a recipe that changed my life. My bestest friend Emily whipped these up over the weekend. She got the recipe from another friend, who I don’t know. But I would like to credit him for it because it really changed, my life. OK, not really. But it is 100% my new go to turkey burger recipe.
The Best Turkey Burgers Ever
I had to bake this batch because we ran out of propane. Either way is great!
Ingredients: 8 burgers
- 2 packs of turkey burger ( I use a lean and a not so lean)
- 1 cup of Italian seasoned Panko bread crumbs
- 2-3 T of dijon mustard
- 1 egg
- S&P to taste
- Mix all ingredients in bowl. Start w/ 1/2 cup of the crumbs and add till the meat stops sticking to your hands. Could be more or less than 1 cup.
- Make meat into patty’s, pop in fridge for about 30 min
- Grill ’em up and enjoy! I like to make a few extra patties and put them in the freezer so they are good to go!
* I paired them with a balsamic mushroom above.
Here’s another great side for these! I am always looking for a summer side dish minus the mayo. I tried this coleslaw recipe from Cooking Light and I really enjoyed it! I’ve made it twice already!
- 8 cups pre-sliced green cabbage (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup thinly vertically sliced red onion (I made my second batch sans onion)
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons canola oil (I used olive)
- 2 tablespoons brown mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds (used 1/2 T of ground, couldn’t find seeds)
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, finely chopped ( I tossed in whole)
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar (I added about double)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Combine the first 4 ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Heat a small saucepan over medium heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add mustard and cumin seeds; cook 90 seconds or until mustard seeds begin to pop. Remove from heat. Stir in garlic and jalapeño; let stand 2 minutes. Add vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper, stirring with a whisk. Pour vinegar mixture over cabbage mixture; toss to coat. Let stand 15 minutes. I let stand over night!
What’s your favorite Healthy Summer Side dish?? Please share!!