Hey hey, Happy July! Did you know July is my FAVORITE month?? Why you ask? Well its my Birthday month! And I love my birthday. In case you were wondering.
Let’s be honest, who doesn’t love July. Independence Day, Pool parties, beach parties, BBQ parties. ITS FRIGGIN JULY! Unless you are a miserable bum. In that case…discontinue reading here. For you funbag party-goers, here’s a healthified potato salad to bring to your non-healthy friends and they will never know it’s healthy-ish. Or just make it next week when your back to reality because it’s good. I also added a super sweaty 4th of July at home workout (AHWO<–see that, acronyms are cool) for you to hit up before you hit up those fun beaches and BBQ’s.
Ingredients: Makes about 6 cups
- 2 pounds unpeeled potatoes ( I used Trader Joes, red, yellow and purple-so festive)
- 1 cup (8 oz) plain Greek Yogurt (2% or non fat)
- 1-2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 3 green onions, chopped (1/4 cup)*garnish optional
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 slices of crumbled bacon(yup, bacon). Totally optional but, I mean….bacon, duh.
- 2 boiled eggs, chopped
- Steam or boil whole potatoes until fork tender in center (leave skin on). Let cool. Chop into 3/4″ to 1″ pieces. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix greek yogurt, mayo, mustard and seasonings. Add remaining ingredients, leaving out potatoes.
- Add potatoes and stir to combine. Cover and chill at least 4 hours. Best if chilled overnight.
- Eat up!
50 walking lunges
13 jackknives (or leg raises)
50 shoulder taps
Have a wonderful July 4th with your family and friends!!