Yolo! How’s ya day going? I have a couple of fine recipes for you on this lovely Tuesday. I encourage you to make them. And eat them. First up, some clean crock pot pulled pork.
- a nice lean 2-4lb pork butt or shoulder (make sure it’s nice)
- 2-3 tbsps chili powder
- 2 tsps cumin
- 2 tsps onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- ¼ teaspoon chipotle powder
- 2 tsps sea salt
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of organic honey
- Mix up all the dry ingredients and rub that ish all over your butt. Or shoulder.
- Use your hands to smear the honey all over it next, it will make a little paste.
- Poor a 1/2 cupish of water in your crock pot. Just be sure to cover the bottom of the pot.
- Place on high, pop in your pork. Leave for 5-6 hours on high.
- Reduce to low for another 3-4 hours. Should start to fall apart easily.
- Shred it with fork and mix it into juices. Add a little extra honey if you like.
Served up over a sweet potato with balsamic caramelized onions. MG had his loaded with cheese (and still has a 6pack…grrrr men).
Caprese Pasta Salad
- 1 bag of pasta of choice ( I used TJ’s brown rice pasta)
- Trader Joe’s Marinated Mozzarella balls (in cheese section, you will see them in a tub of oil)
- 3 hand fulls of arugula lettuce
- 1/2 cup of basil (chopped)
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved ( I used the yellow guys for fun mix up)
- 2-3 T of pesto
- 2 T of grated Parm cheese
- Lots of Salt&Pepper
- Boil pasta, let cool.
- Poor about half of oil from Mozzarella container out ( I saved for use in my own oil container). Then cut Mozz balls in half.
- Mix pesto and parm into oil mix.
- Place remaining ingredients in bowl, poor oil over. Mix thoroughly.
- Add S&P to taste.
- Serve immediately.
I love this recipe because it is mayo-less. And it is BEYOND easy! Thanks Chrissy for the inspiration!
Don’t forget you can always find new and old recipes archived on our Recipe Page above!