Hey there!! Did you know this Sunday is FALL back. Don’t forget!
So I’m obsessed with all things HomeGoods. Besides all their great decor, I absolutely love shopping their random food aisle. I always find the coolest stuff. I was on my way back to look for this amazing oatmeal I had purchased, and came across a whole bunch of fun goodies. Which totally inspired Fish Tacos (see why in a minute). Here are some cool things I picked up!
This little jar inspired my Fish Tacos. I saw this and the wheels started turning….
Cleaned Up Fish Tacos
So Fish Tacos are amazing. Just pure amazing. But typically fried and smeared in a creamy mayo sauce. So I cleaned them up a bit. I even think maybe a kid would house these. I’m not sure, because kids are weird..but I think with a little less spice they would like ’em.
Ingredients: Feeds 2 grown people
- 1lb of white fish-I used haddock
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 1/3 bermuda onion, diced small
- 1 cup of coleslaw blend
- 1/2 cup of red wine vinegar
- Spicy seasoning blend- I used Whole Food tequila lime seasoning
- Corn tortillas or tortilla of choice
- *optional garnishes: Hot sauce, avocado, lime, cilantro, tomato
- 2 T jam above
- ~4 T greek yogurt
- 1 T chopped cilantro
- fresh squeezed lemon
*Measurements are approximate. Took a few finger dips to get ratio right.
- Mix all ingredients for sauce and place in fridge.
- Chop the red peppers, onion and mixed it with the coleslaw blend with red vinegar, salt and pepper. Place in fridge.
- Season fish with a little olive oil and rub on spices.
- Place on skillet med-hi heat, about 6 min on onside, then flip. Dont’ worry if it breaks! Some fish will stay together better than others. Once done cooking I broke all the fish up with a fork.
- Heat up tortillas as directed.
- Top with sauce, coleslaw blend and any garnishes of choice! Serve it up hot!
Hey just remember…it all starts with Halloween candy!!! The downward spiral! If you indulge, make it a day ONLY and move on. Don’t let the sugar bug take over the next 3 months of our life. Just don’t do it!!! Get rid of it. Feed it to your husband, co-workers, best friends. Just don’t do it!