Trying to keep food clean through the Holidays is super important! Studies show it keeps the scale down, increases rate of car caroling and reduces random outburst on civilians. So here are some easy week day go-to’s to keep you on track!
Courtesy of Coach Kell
- 1/2 banana
- 1 egg
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein
- 2 tbsp. canned pumpkin
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
Mix it all together in a blender or with hand mixer and cook like reg pancakes. I usually double the recipe to make 4 pancakes (breakfast for today and tomorrow!!) Top with some PB, add a couple pieces of turkey bacon… DELISH!!
Paleo Stuffed Peppers (courtesy of The Bewitchin’ Kitchen)
I came across this recipe on Pinterest and loved it so much that it is now part of my weekly rotation. It is super-easy and can double as lunch and dinner for a couple days!
- Brown ground turkey in pan
- Add diced red peppers, green peppers, and onions to turkey after it is browned.
- Add 1 tbsp garlic powder and 1 tbsp basil to turkey
- Add 1 jar of marinara sauce (I used Trader Joe’s Tomato and Basil Marinara sauce)
- Add spinach (approx. 1 -2 cups)
- Mix together and let simmer until spinach is wilted.
- Stuff red peppers with mixture (makes enough to stuff about 4-5 full peppers)
- Bake at 425 for 35-45 minutes.
Of course there are some seriously awesome recipes on our blog that we sometimes forget about!
Bacon Wrapped Salmon– or fish of choice. Quite possibly the easiest dinner ever.
Buffalo Chicken Chili– A personal fave!
Chicken Salsa Verde– Great for a crockpot!
I seriously hope you guys try some of these recipes. I enjoy cooking but only if it is an uber-easy recipe so rest assured that these recipes are delicious AND easy!
Here’s to a successful holiday season! See you ladies at the gym! And let me know if you want to meet up for a run at any of the parks listed on last blog ← looking for running buddies for MY winter goal (Hyannis Half Marathon! Woop woop!!!)
Whats your Winter Goal?? Don’t forget to write yours on our gym Goal board!