Hey friends! Hope you are staying warm on this snowy day. Holy New England winter!
While you’re snowed in, I figured I’d share with you the top Recipes from our recent Recipe Swap. Of course, like every recipe swap, we drank too much wine and had too much fun, so we didn’t get any snap shots of the food! But I can assure you ALL are worth making! So without further ado here are the top three!
1st Place Jenn’s Peanut Butter Balls
- 1 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 T coconut oil
- 2 T smooth peanut butter (or any nut butter)
- 1/4 c pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup almond flower/meal
- 1/4 tsp salt
- In a food processor, blend oats until fine and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine coconut oil, peanut butter, maple syrup and vanilla. Beat with a mixer until smooth. Add almond, oat flour and salt.
- Roll into balls (1 T) and place on parchment paper.
- Freeze 5-10 minutes before serving. Store in freezer.
2nd Place Farran’s Veggie Pizza
Whole wheat naan bread or Pita bread
- Spread humus and tabouli on Naan, then top with remaining. So simple and SO delish!
3rd Place Kathy’s Chicken Tacos
This was my personal favorite recipe of the night. Everything was so fresh and delicious! And clearly a lot of effort went into it!
Crock Pot chicken
- 1lb Boneless chicken seasoned with salt, pepper and cumin
- juice of 1 orange and lemon plus a dash of zest
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1/2 chopped jalapeno
Cook on high for 4 hours
Pickled Cabbage (topping 1)
- Shredded Cabbage
- 1/2 onion sliced thin
- 1/2 jalapeno chopped
Microwave 1 tsp of honey, 3 T cider vinegar and juice of 1/2 lime. Pour over mix and store in air tight container.
Kale Avocado (topping 2) I especially loved this!! (and I hate kale)
- 2 C Fresh chopped Kale
- 1 chopped avocado
- 2 T chopped cilantro
- 1 C diced tomato
- 1 clove diced
- juice from 1 lime
Mix all in bowl, season with S&P to taste. Top with greek yogurt or any other taco toppings!
Justine’s Banana-Blueberry Oatmeal Muffin’s (12 muffins)
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 4 T honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 T baking powder
- 1 Scoop vanilla protein powder *optional
- 2 C frozen blueberries
- 3 C oats
- Pre-heat oven to 400 deg
- Mix bananas, milk, honey, eggs, baking powder and protein powder.
- Add blueberries and oats.
- Let sit 5-10 min.
- Spray muffin pan to grease. Fill to brim.
- Bake 20-25 minutes.
Mel’s Sweet Potato Bites
- 3 long thin sweet potatoes
- 2 tsp Italian Herb
- 4oz feta crumbled
- 1/2 tsp Greek seasoning
- 1/4 C thinly sliced scallions
- Pre-heat oven to 450 deg
- Slice potatoes into thick discs (1/2 inch or so)
- Spray baking sheet with olive oil.
- Align discs on coking sheet and bake until cooked through and slightly browned on edges (25 minutes or so)
- Place remaining ingredients in bowl and mix well.
- When potatoes are don, top discs with cheese mixture and bake for about another 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Serve hot!
Thanks to all who came to the Swap and for your awesome ideas! These all get the KFIT stamp of approval and will be added to our Recipe page!