Hey all! Hope your week is going GREAT!
I wanted to share my meal ideas from this week because I really enjoyed them. Its nice when you look forward to lunch and diner! So here ya go!
I prepped for a week of meals that had similar ingredients so A) I didn’t spend a boat load and B) I didn’t have to prep a boat load. I swap between the below meals for lunch and dinner and it keeps me from getting bored. A bunch of sweet potatoes, bacon and boiled eggs alongside some pre-cooked chickens (on sale at Fresh Market) was the base ingredients for all my meals this week.
We attended a food demo at our local Whole Foods and got tons of sweet recipes! It was super nice of them to host us! Sandi their Nutrition Specialist made us this amazing dish. It was SO good and beyond easy! I knew I had to make it.
Sweet Potato Skillet
- 1/4 cup low sodium veggie broth (I used chicken)
- 2 sweet potatoes (previously baked in oven- I used purple sweet potato but you can do any! Also you can just roast them in a pan if you want more of a solid substance than mashed, Ill try that next time!)
- 1 can rinsed black beans
- pinch of cumin
- 2 handfuls of Kale or spinach
- chopped pancetta- this was my own addition
- 1-2 avocados for pairing
- 1 lime
- cilantro to top
- Bake or roast sweet potatoes in oven, temp varies depending on which so just google timing!
- Heat broth in large skillet, add potatoes, pancetta and cumin and cook till brown. Not to long if you baked the potatoes first!
- Add beans and kale, stir for about 3 minutes. Can add additional broth if it seems dry.
- Drizzle with lime, cilantro and serve with a side of avocado.
Avocado Egg Salad
- 1 boiled egg
- 2 boild egg whites
- 1/4 avocado
- 1 T dijon mustard
- S&P to taste
- cilantro *optional
- bacon *optional
Pretty simple! No dairy in this beauty!
Southwestern Cobb Salad
- 1 boiled egg
- 3 oz roasted Chicken
- 2 T Ceasars Black Bean Salad
- 4 baby carrots chopped
- 2 cups mixed greens
- 1 organic bacon
- 6-7 Croutons
- 2 T Bolt House Yogurt Blue Cheese Dressing
- Place in bowl
Hope these ideas tickle your fancy!